Monday, January 13, 2014

Hands On: KontrolFreek Controller Extensions



KontrolFreek, known for their highly popular controller extensions, has just made the jump to next gen consoles. If you don’t know what controller extensions are you’re missing out. They provide an alternative to the traditional analog sticks that we have been using for years. It gives your game a boost and sometimes a slight edge towards victory. No this does not require you to drill holes or break open your controller. These are small attachments that snap on and off easily.



KontrolFreek was generous enough to send McFly Gaming the FPS Freek SNIPR PS4 extensions to play with on our newly acquired PS4s.
My first impression of these were ehh these are kind of huge and will make me go a little crazy while using them. I placed them on my PS4 controller and felt that its a big jump for my thumbs to reach the analog sticks with these extensions.


Then after playing a few games with them for a bit, I got use to them. I felt that control over my sniper looking down the sight improved and I had more control over my shot. As many of you know, being a sniper the first shot is your most important one. If you miss, then the enemy will know where you are and ehh we all know what happens after that. Now I am not going to sit here and say you will get 20 extra kills per game because of these extensions, but you may have better luck getting an extra kill or two which can make all the difference at the end.

Keep in mind these are not for every game. The FPS Freek SNIPR edition is for sniping or long range guns on FPS games. KontrolFreek does offer a variety of extensions for other types of games. The Perfect Arsenal Phantom bundle is a great option if you want all your FPS bases covered. Next Gen KontrolFreek can be found here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions – comment below. You can reach me via email TheSheikh@TerryMcfly.com or via Twitter @TheSheikh

Also remember to follow the McFly Gaming twitter page.

No comments:

Post a Comment