Friday, November 15, 2013

The Xbox One Tour

This past week has been surreal! Of course you guys are aware that the next generation of consoles is upon us (11-15-13 for PS4 and 11-22-13 for XB1) so there has been many press events and meet and greets to get everyone excited. So the Xbox team created a tour that would visit 75 different cities throughout the world. You'd have a chance to play the new console and games before anyone else! I was fortunate enough to attend the Xbox One tour at their stop on November 7th in Scottsdale, Arizona.






I was able to play pretty much the full starting line up of games which included Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon, Lococycle, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4, Max:Curse of the Brotherhood and many more ( No recording of game footage was allowed...bummer). I also was able to snag a preorder for the Day One Edition that had been sold out everywhere! With a live DJ and mountain dew and Doritos to feed the entire city, it was a great night.

Fast forward to the next day and I catch wind of Xbox Live's Larry Hyrb (@MajorNelson) is hanging out at a GameStop near me. I fly over after work, grab some freebies, and snag a few pictures with him. Overall, great start to my weekend and now just counting down the days until next Friday when I'll have my new Xbox One.

-Youneeky

No comments:

Post a Comment